With a New Year comes resolutions and hopes that we set for ourselves to commit to for a new turn of the page in our life. For many resolutions often involve goals that deal primarily with their health (exercising more, training for a specific event/race, eating better, losing weight, etc.)
Over at Bully Brew, we wanted to give you a little suggestion for an addition to your resolutions for 2017…..drink more coffee!!
Drinking coffee can do amazing things for your health and I will tell you all about it 🙂
- Improve your long and short term memory, as well as lower your risk for developing Alzheimer’s. In a 2005 study it was found that drinking 2 cups of coffee daily can help to strengthen your memory and help keep you sharp in the long (and short!) run.
- Lower your risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes. Those of us that may have type 2 in our family history drinking coffee regularly can help you to prevent your chances of being diagnosed yourself.
- Coffee can help to rev up your metabolism! It has been shown that starting your morning off with a cup of coffee can help to jump start your body’s metabolism and can even aid in weight loss if that is a goal of yours.
- Caffeine can help to improve physical performance. It has been found that there are benefits to having a strong cup of coffee about 30 minutes before a workout. The caffeine help to build up the “fight or flight” response in your system and gets you fueled up and ready so that you can be at peak performance during exercise.
- Coffee can help to protect you from liver-related diseases, and even liver cancer. Studies have shown that daily coffee drinkers have up to a 40% lower risk of liver cancer and other liver-related diseases such as cirrhosis.
All in all, we think coffee is pretty great in the first place, but we hope that these health reasons will encourage you to add an extra cup or two of coffee to your day in order to meet your goals for the year.
It seems like this week is supposed to be a beauty (in that the temperature will be above zero!!!) Stop in an visit us at any of our locations and let us help you get your coffee in 🙂
With love and coffee,